Spreader Beams for Lifting Applications
Spreader beams are used as below the hook lifting devices. Their primary function is to aid crane operators in picking up large, cumbersome and sometimes heavy loads. The advantages of using a spreader beam as a materials handling solution are:
- Distribute the load of a lift across more than one point
- Increase stability of the load been lifted
- Eliminate excessive loadings which can be applied during hoisting
- Not damaging an irregular shaped load during the lift e.g getting crushed by the angle of rigging
- A single point top connection utilises less crane height
Spreader Breams come in numerous configurations, at Hoistech we can design and manufacture bespoke spreader beams and lifting beams to suit numerous applications. Below are some of the more common design types:
In conjunction with our design and manufacturing facilities we also test, inspect and certify all makes and manner of spreader beams and lifting beams.
For more infomation please contact us via the link below or call us directly on (01) 457 0021.